Are you ready to Coach the Cubs?
Seeking Volunteers Ages 13 and Older
Our participants in our IGNITE Program (within our IMPACT division) enjoy training with our team of volunteers every Saturday and Sunday through March 11, 2018. Parents, urban professionals, Mo’ Motion current players and alum – join the training, sweat and fun!
We have a great format we are following in our 90 minute workouts: intro, warm-up, team fun, stations and break-out into playing. Having a minimum of FOUR volunteers each week is really great for the program and the ones who have been showing up have been tremendous assets. Here are the details.
- WHEN: Saturdays 9-10:30 am or Sundays 10-11:30 am
- Jan 6-March 11, 2018 – off President’s Weekend
- Volunteers DO NOT have to show every weekend! Pick your weekends!
- WHERE: PS 452 enter on W 61st/Amsterdam
- WHO: The coaches for our IGNITE Weekend Training Program are a combination of Mo’ Motion lead coaches and volunteers. The Cubs players are a mix of students from PS 191 and PS 452 who have limited access to sports experiences.
- WHAT TO EXPECT: Coaches warm the kids up per the lead’s instructions, take attendance, and help kids get into the workouts. Then we split up into stations where volunteers coach their teaching point. Kids play/scrimmage toward the end as more of the curriculum is covered.
- WHAT TO BRING: Your sneakers, a positive attitude and maybe a water bottle if you hop in and work up a sweat.
NOTE: Please complete the following brief form and we will be in contact with you shortly. Please be aware that the office requires background checks (paid by us if you do not have one on file) for all volunteers age 18 and up.
Join The Huddle
All the latest on blogs, podcasts, videos, training tips, programs and more
Yes, I Want That