Our staff consists of former high school, college and pro basketball players, and coaches who know how to teach the game and communicate effectively with children and young adults.
We teach children in grades K-11 the proper doses of learning over time, while benefiting from a good sweat, games and fun.
What We Are Looking For:
A coach who is involved in the teaching process, with great presence, knowledge and an ability to create a relationship with players that is valuable to their development as ballers, teammates and individuals.
1. Time Commitment
- Weekdays – Mornings (9:00-11:30 am) or Afternoons (3:00-5:00 pm)
- On the application, you’ll indicate when you are available.
2. Coaching Responsibilities
- Supervise athletes to promote effective student learning through participation in athletic activities.
- Plan, develop and implement an effective program to prepare athletes both physically and mentally to participate in athletic contests; formulate behavioral objectives; administer discipline when necessary in a fair and consistent manner; emphasize safety precautions.
- Organize practice sessions that are both stimulating and instructive; teach basic fundamental skills; prepare daily practice activities and keep records on file; emphasize and promote good sportsmanship in the conduct of team members and coaches.
- Make written recommendations to Head of Coaching regarding program, facilities, player and parent issues/improvements; assist the staff in achieving the objectives of the program.
3. Administrative Responsibilities
- Take attendance at each session. Report to the office any players who are not on your list. During the season, report players who do not show up
- Give advance notice whenever possible if you will miss a session. We will need time to find a sub.
I’m Interested… Now What?
- The first step in the hiring process is to complete the online application.
- The second step is to send a resume to email@example.com.
- If you proceed to the next step, we will ask you to record a one-minute demo of a basketball drill for 20 seconds, an agility drill 20 seconds, and a speed/strength drill for a total of one minute. Send the video to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- After the interview process, there may be more steps our coaches (paid and volunteer) need to take. Our staff will direct you to these at the appropriate time.